Google Drive and chrome for iOS has been released and is available at Apple app store. Google Drive is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch (running on iOS 5 or later). Initially google will provide 5GB of free storage and for less than $2.50 per month goo
gle will provide 25GB of cloud space. Catch our full article for Google Drive here
What you get with Google Drive-
1. Open Over 30 types of Files – Yes with Google Drive you can Open Over 30 types of files in your browser window including Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop , High-Defination Videos and the good thing is that it doesn’t need any program to be installed on your PC.
2. Powerful Search - It’s one another Fantastic feature of Google Drive. This Powerful search feature helps you to search your files faster. Why ? Because – it can filter the file types and can Recognize objects in your images and text in scanned documents. Really now I am in love with this feature
3. Create & collaborate - With Google Drive you can create new documents ,spreadsheets and presentations and more directly. You don’t need any software for that and the Good thing is that you can work together at the same time on the same document , and see changes as they appear. Well this feature focused more on business owners.
4. Email Attachments - Now you can directly attach anything which is on your Google Drive to your email account for this you have to Send a link from Google Drive in Gmail.
5. Share Anything - With Google Drive you can share anything either it is a file , folder etc.. and the good thing about this feature is that you can select permissions for the others whether they can view, edit or comment on your data.
6. Time feature - This feature allow you to see the revision which are saved by you and the good thing about this feature is that you can choose a revision to save forever.
7. Free – In starting Plan you don’t need to pay any money. You can get 5 Gb of Drive Storage absolutely Free.
Google Chrome will be available to the users running iOS 4.3 or later. As expected the iOS version also supports the Chrome Sync feature that allows users to sync their browsing data over any PC, Laptop, tablet, and iOS device. This feature allows multiple OS users to easily sync their browsing data over any platform. As this iOS version is based on Apple’s engine, it lacks the speed that we get on the android version of Chrome, also each time when you open any link in an email, apple safari is used to open that link, not chrome which might dissapoint some of the users. We can say that Chrome on iOS is a Safari with google’s skin on it.